Graduate Diploma of Sport Coaching and Educational Leadership
Professional development for educators and coaches
Pursue senior management roles with updated coaching and strategic management skills. You’ll build on your education qualification with new models of leadership and pastoral care. Study best practice across a range of sporting and education contexts.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 04 Feb 24
- 07 Jul 24
The University of Notre Dame Australia is committed to delivering an excellent student experience, alongside a high standard of teaching, research, and training. As a leader in ethical education, Notre Dame aims to develop students’ critical reasoning and their ability to make ethical decisions—crucial skills to progressing their careers and leading purposeful lives. At Notre Dame, students navigate their future with an ethical education online.
Learn more about UNDA.
Explore UNDA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
When would you like to chat?
Let me pick a time
Find a time that suits you for a free 1:1 consultation.
Call me anytime
An advisor will call you, usually within 30 minutes.
What you'll learn
- Integrate coaching and leadership models, behaviours, and best practice across a range of sporting and educational contexts.
- Promote socially responsible guidelines addressing a range of organisational, social, community and individual issues that reflect a positive ethical culture for athletes, students, and the wider community.
- Implement coaching and leadership strategies, practice and programming for holistic athlete centred development and lifelong learning.
- Apply models of pastoral care with advanced understanding of issues specific to curriculum development, the individual and community.
- Implement management and leadership models in coaching and educational contexts using highly developed communication skills.
- Formulate scholarly practice which evaluates complex issues in sport, educational leadership, and management.
Coaching and management opportunities linked to the completion of this program include: Independent schools, Government schools, Catholic schools, Sporting organisations.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Diploma of Sport Coaching and Educational Leadership applicants must also meet the following specific requirements.
- Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) in related field
- Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) combined with 5 years coaching experience in semi-professional or professional sport.
English Proficiency Requirements
Defined as the successful completion of secondary education or a Bachelor’s degree in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada or the Republic of Ireland.
Education students who have English as an Additional language and are admitted on the basis of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assessment, or an equivalent English language proficiency assessment, are only admitted if they have attained n overall IELTS (or equivalent) score of 7.5 (with no score below 8.0 in speaking and listening, and no score lower than 7.0 reading and writing.
All English language tests are valid for two years from the date of completion.
Credit for previous study or work
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
The Graduate Diploma of Sport Coaching and Educational Leadership has been designed to meet the needs of professional teachers who wish to develop a comprehensive and ethical knowledge of holistic athlete development, training prescription and management with the goal to enhance athletic performance. The program will develop advanced understandings of multidimensional, evidence based coaching practice with a focus on athlete-centred approaches. Students will be expected to develop and critically apply concepts of pastoral care, strategic management and planning principles in an education setting in order to build and support resilient schools.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Diploma in Sport Coaching & Educational Leadership students must complete a minimum of 200 Units of Credit chosen from four compulsory, one core, and three elective courses.
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Diploma of Sport Coaching & Educational Leadership students must complete a minimum of 200 Units of Credit chosen from four compulsory, one core, and three elective courses.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.