Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- curate a compelling professional identity and philosophy, and demonstrate the ability to critically communicate this to both specialist and non-specialist audiences;
- demonstrate professional leadership capabilities, identify professional opportunities or challenges and devise strategies to respond or resolve using an evidence-based approach; and
- model specialist knowledge, research and communication skills that contribute to life-long application in their professional career.
Being a highly tailored degree, the career opportunities are very specific to each individual. Depending on your career aspirations, the award may help to:
- diversify skill sets to create more career choices;
- hone specialist skills to give a competitive edge in a chosen field; or
- provide new skills to take your career in a new direction.
Hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree in any discipline.
English Proficiency Requirements
A sound knowledge of English is essential.
For information regarding Recognition of Prior Learning, please visit:
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice is a bespoke degree which gives you the freedom to choose subjects across subject areas, and assemble them into your own unique degree.
Up to half of the Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice is derived from the knowledge that you have already gained in your work and life. This knowledge is recognised and combined with subjects that will give you the new knowledge you need now and in the future.
Your experience is reflected in a portfolio which forms the basis of assessment for the core subject 'Developing Your Professional Practice'. All career skills and knowledge are relevant, including formal learning and life and workplace experience. This means that you have completed a significant step toward your Graduate Certificate before you even begin, saving you valuable time.
Your individual circumstances are unique, so an academic success adviser will help you to plan your Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice and will be there for advice all the way.
Recommended Study Pattern
DYPP500A and any three (3) OUA Elective Subjects approved by the Course Coordinator.
To qualify for the award a candidate must pass 4 subjects including DYPP500A.
Choose your subjects
Any three (3) OUA subjects approved by the Course Coordinator.
Students must contact UNE with their intent to graduate. Guide to graduation: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/graduation