Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice
Design a bespoke degree with your own team of experts
Benefit from a personal concierge service throughout your degree. Your dedicated team will work with you to refine your goals and create a unique course structure. Draw on areas of passion and experience to achieve your goals.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- 10 Oct 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- Confidently decide on a new direction for their career
- Apply themselves to a broader range of career paths
- Use newfound specialised skills in an existing career, or use them to carve a new career
- Present themselves with a competitive edge in their chosen field
- Communicate existing knowledge, new knowledge and past professional experiences articulately to create opportunities
Being a highly tailored degree, career opportunities are endless.
Upon completion of this degree, students will have the skills to move into a new field of work based on their passions, further their existing career, or take their career in a new direction.
Candidates must hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification or above to meet admission requirements for this degree or; hold other relevant qualifications and workplace experience (at least 5 years full-time professional managerial experience).
English Proficiency Requirements
(5)When an IELTS (International English Language Testing System), TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or PTE (Pearson Test of English) score is used to demonstrate English proficiency, that score must have been attained within two years of the date of application for admission.
STANDARD MINIMUM ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
(6)At least one of the following criteria must be met:
- English is the applicant's first language; or
- Satisfactory completion, within five years of the date of application for admission to UNE, of at least one year of full-time or equivalent full-time study at senior secondary, post-secondary or tertiary level in a country in which English is the primary official language or co-official language and in which English was the sole medium of instruction and assessment for the particular period of study claimed, resulting in an AQF award or an award recognised by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR); or
- A pass grade or better in an English language subject at Australian Year 12 level or overseas equivalent; or
- An IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.0 with no sub-band less than 5.5; or equivalent TOEFL score of at least 213 in the computer-based test; or at least 79 in the internet-based test with no less than 22 in the written component; or a PTE Academic minimum overall score of 57 with no skill less than 50; or
- Satisfactory completion of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program:
- at the University of New England English Language Centre; or
- an equivalent EAP program at an Australian university NEAS-accredited English Language Centre (subject to certification from the university concerned that satisfactory completion of that university's EAP program would entitle the applicant to be accepted into a comparable award-bearing program at that university); or
- at a non-university NEAS-accredited English Language Provider that has a formal agreement with UNE under which it provides an equivalent EAP Program; or
- a NEAS-accredited TAFE NSW EAP Program.
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice is one-of-a-kind degree that gives you the support of a concierge team of experts – helping you design and complete a course to fit your goals.
Unlike other courses, you don’t need to know where you’d like to take your career before you start studying.
Throughout this degree, you’ll benefit from a personal concierge service who will help you realise the direction you’d like to take in life. During this process, your team will help you consider your past experiences in both life and work to decide on the next step for your career.
Once your dedicated team has helped you envision your future, they’ll give you the tools to achieve your new-found goals by creating a unique study plan.
Your plan will draw upon your existing experience and the future needs of your career through the course-long core subject, 'Developing Your Professional Practice'.
For the remainder of your course structure, you’ll have the freedom to mix and match subjects from different areas of interest, or stay within one discipline, creating a course that is uniquely ‘you’.
Are you an accounting professional looking to improve presentation skills? You may choose to study a subject in theatre alongside a subject in business. The choice is yours.
Designed for online learning, the Graduate Certificate of Professional Practice is a degree that prioritises how you learn, as well as what you learn – allowing you to build and experience a course unlike any other
Recommended Study Pattern
DYPP500A and any three (3) OUA Elective Subjects approved by the Course Coordinator.
To access the course rules and plans go to the UNE Course Handbook.
To qualify for the award a candidate must pass 4 subjects including DYPP500A.
Choose your subjects
Any three (3) OUA subjects approved by the Course Coordinator.
Students must contact UNE with their intent to graduate. Guide to graduation: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/graduation
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.