Graduate Certificate in Digital Health
Explore the internet’s role in health care
Study contemporary trends, issues, policy and practice in health informatics. Analyse potential problems in the digital storing and sharing of health information. Unpack social, ethical and legal issues.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 05 Feb 23
- 25 Jun 23
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Consolidate and synthesise specialised health informatics disciplinary knowledge and apply that knowledge within their healthcare professional area of practice
- Analyse complex healthcare problems and apply specialised technical skills to identify informatics-specific solutions
- Initiate, plan, implement and evaluate health informatics solutions, with independent judgement
- Communicate health informatics theoretical concepts, knowledge and ideas to a range of audiences
Have a completed undergraduate or postgraduate course in a healthcare, or communications technology related field at Bachelor level (AQF7) or higher (or equivalent)
Work and Life
Be working in a healthcare or IT setting
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
The Graduate Certificate in Digital Health is designed to provide you with evidence-based skills to meet the current and anticipated need for skilled workers within the rapidly evolving health sector. Within the course you’ll gain invaluable experience and knowledge on the key concepts of health informatics, security and data, considering the decision-making power digital systems provide, while also considering the ethical, social and economic considerations.
Recommended Study Pattern
For students taking part-time study, the following study pattern is recommended.
The course is only available for part-time study.
- Semester 1
- TAS-BAA500 Introduction to Health Informatics
- TAS-BAA548 Digital Health Privacy and Security Issues
- Semester 2
- TAS-BAA549 Electronic Health Records
- TAS-BAA735 Health Data Management, Information Analysis and Improvement
Satisfactory completion of 4 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 1-2 years from commencement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.