Graduate Certificate in Digital Health
Explore the internet’s role in health care
Study contemporary trends, issues, policy and practice in health informatics. Analyse potential problems in the digital storing and sharing of health information. Unpack social, ethical and legal issues.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 07 Jul 24
Wherever you are, the University of Tasmania brings its island campus to you through a growing range of online programs across art and design, business, education, health, science, sustainability, technology, and more. It’s never too late to switch things up. Kickstart that career you’ve been dreaming about, or upskill for the one you’re in. You’ll also become a part of the world's leading university on climate action.
Learn more about UTAS.
Explore UTAS courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
When would you like to chat?
Let me pick a time
Find a time that suits you for a free 1:1 consultation.
Call me anytime
An advisor will call you, usually within 30 minutes.
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Consolidate and synthesise specialised health informatics disciplinary knowledge and apply that knowledge within their healthcare professional area of practice
- Analyse complex healthcare problems and apply specialised technical skills to identify informatics-specific solutions
- Initiate, plan, implement and evaluate health informatics solutions, with independent judgement
- Communicate health informatics theoretical concepts, knowledge and ideas to a range of audiences
- Have a completed undergraduate or postgraduate course in a healthcare, or communications technology related field at Bachelor level (AQF7) or higher (or equivalent)
- Be working in a healthcare or IT setting
Credit for previous study or work
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
The Graduate Certificate in Digital Health is designed to provide you with evidence-based skills to meet the current and anticipated need for skilled workers within the rapidly evolving health sector. Within the program you’ll gain invaluable experience and knowledge on the key concepts of health informatics, security and data, considering the decision-making power digital systems provide, while also considering the ethical, social and economic considerations.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking part-time study, the following study pattern is recommended.
The course is only available for part-time study.
Completion of 4 core subjects from the schedule below.
- TAS-BAA500 Introduction to Health Informatics
- TAS-BAA548 Digital Health Privacy and Security Issues
- TAS-BAA549 Electronic Health Records
- TAS-BAA735 Health Data Management, Information Analysis and Improvement
Satisfactory completion of 4 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 1-2 years from commencement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.