Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of the program graduates should be able to:
- Integrate an advanced understanding of a complex body of expert knowledge in a discipline of science.
- Apply established research theories and principles associated with scholarship and/or professional practice within a relevant science discipline.
- Critically analyse, reflect on, and synthesise complex expert information, problems, concepts and theories applicable to a relevant science discipline.
- Interpret and transmit expert knowledge, skills and ideas, both individually and collaboratively, to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Display autonomy, responsibility, adaptability and ethical practise in decision-making and engage in lifelong learning through critical reflection in a range of professional and cultural contexts.
Graduates with extensive experience in mathematics and/or statistical knowledge and skills are in high demand in a variety of industries, including: Public Administration and Safety; Financial and Insurance Services; Professional, Scientific and Technical Services; and Education and Training. Specific jobs include work as a Mathematician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Systems Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Data Mining Researcher, Speech Processing Researcher and Market Researcher.
Completed Bachelor Degree (any field) + English Language Proficiency
On campus requirementsResidential School/s
Credit for previous study or work
UniSQ's Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics) is ideal for graduates from any discipline who are looking to develop their mathematics/statistics knowledge and skills. Even if you haven’t studied in some time, this degree will provide you with an in-depth education in mathematical and/or statistical techniques and problem solving skills. Examine the fundamentals of theoretical and applied statistics, mathematical modelling and operations research, and computing and coding skills. This degree incorporates practical methods for undertaking analysis, modelling and evidence-based, data-driven decision-making.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.