Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
On completion of the degree students will be able to:
- have a thorough foundation of contemporary business theories, concepts and principles and be able to apply these in a group or organisational environment.
- create and critically evaluate innovative ideas and strategies within ambiguous and uncertain business environments (which includes business, government and not-for-profit).
- access, evaluate and synthesise diverse information for intelligent business application.
- effectively communicate in a manner appropriate to their audience and their desired outcomes.
- recognise and apply international perspectives within the business environment
- appropriately manage and value diversity within a business setting
- apply professional skills - team work, leadership and ethical behaviour.
This degree is designed to give students a foundation in business and therefore opens up a range of management level opportunities across industries in which the student has experience. Most students use the qualification to hasten their move from a functional level position to a management role within their focal industry.
Specifically, applicants require a bachelor degree from a recognised tertiary institution and at least three years subsequent, relevant work experience. Applicants without an undergraduate course will be considered on the basis of significant work experience (at least eight years) at a recognisable level of responsibility.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants for a Graduate Certificate are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards (IELTS requirement of 6.5 overall (with no individual band less than 6)).
Entry to the course is competitive and applicants will be required to undertake an interview as the final stage of application assessment.
Applications for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) are assessed on a case by case basis according to Curtin University policies which is available at http://policies.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/policy/Credit_for_Recognised_Learning_Manual.pdf.
Students must be admitted in an award degree of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all necessary documentation for a formal assessment.
To officially apply for CRL, students need to submit the CRL application form available from http://students.curtin.edu.au/administration/documents/Application_for_CRL.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org along with supporting documents. Accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and back; in colour; and original size. For detailed scanned documents requirements and guidelines, please visit http://courses.curtin.edu.au/course_overview/admission-requirements/scanned-documents.cfm.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
This degree is tailored to give students a firm grounding in the basics of business theory and practice and is designed as a possible entry point to further postgraduate study or as a challenging stand-alone degree. Upon completion, students are encouraged to continue their studies in either the Graduate Diploma in Business, Master of Business Administration or Master of Business Leadership.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students are to study the subject GCB510 Organisational Behaviour for Managers first; thereafter subjects can be taken in any order.
To qualify for the Graduate Certificate in Business, students must complete 4 subjects or equivalent.
Choose your subjects
There are two major streams in this Course that students can choose from:
- Business Leadership Stream
- Oil and Gas Stream