Bachelor of Business (Management)
Learn how to lead a modern business
Learn to manage a thriving business with hands-on rich interactions with industry. Graduate with the skills to take your passion and develop it into a career as a manager of operations, administration, human resources and more.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Acquire and apply discipline specific knowledge and skills related to business and organisations (Discipline Knowledge).
- Communicate information effectively in written and oral forms with a diverse range of stakeholders (Communication Skills).
- Apply critical and analytical skills to the identification and evaluation of complex business problems and draw logical conclusions (Critical Skills).
- Work both independently and collaboratively to achieve agreed team outcomes (Teamwork).
Our business course gives you both job-specific and transferrable skills. Transferrable skills set you up for long-term success. We embed the principals of leadership, teamwork, and entrepreneurship and innovation and teach you critical thinking, strategic analysis, and evidence-based decision making, so you can adapt as the job market evolves.
Here are some of the careers projected to grow into 2025*:
- Office Manager 7%
- Human resources Managers 15%
- Business Administration Manager 10%
*Source: ABS Labour Force Survey, National Skills Commission trend data to May 2019 and projections to 2024.
Graduates of this course can apply for membership through the Australian Institute of Management.
Higher education via OUA
Successful completion of any 4 OUA open access subjects of study at the equivalent AQF level, unless otherwise specified
Successful completion of a minimum of 2 (25 credit points) undergraduate subjects of study within an equivalent AQF level course or higher.
Published ATAR ≥ 50,
Internal ATAR ≥ 50,
Concessional ATAR ≥ 50
Successful completion of certificate IV or higher
Work and Life
Domestic Applicants with work and life experience: If you have not successfully completed senior secondary, tertiary or TAFE/VET study, but have extensive or sustained work experience.
The following qualifications are recognised articulating admissions pathways into the B3A Bachelor of Business:
- Diploma of Applied Business
- Associate Degree in Applied Business
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Marketing & Communication
- Advanced Diploma of Marketing & Communication
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Diploma of University Studies
- Associate Degree in University Studies
Studying a degree in Business will give you the knowledge and skills to take your passion and develop it into a career.
All businesses, from large corporations to start-ups, need good managers to succeed. Learn how to lead a modern business and manage people effectively. Studying management will provide you with a broad knowledge of the business landscape, and specialised skills to lead and manage modern organisations.
This course will give you valuable industry experience, and exposure to some of Tasmania’s top business minds. You’ll gain valuable insights through Interactive learning activities, opportunities to engage with industry, and real-world assignments that will prepare you for a rewarding career in management in today’s extreme business environments. We also embed principles of entrepreneurial thinking, strategic management and innovation across our programs, so you get the edge in your chosen career.
Our accelerated teaching model means you can complete your full Bachelor of Business in just two years. If you prefer to take more time to complete your degree, you can also choose from our range of flexible options and pick a study pattern to suit your lifestyle.
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended:
Year 1. 8 subjects in first year including:
- 4 core subjects
- TAS-BAA111 People and Organisations
- TAS-BEA111 Introduction to Markets and the Economy
- TAS-BEA140 Data Analysis for Business
- TAS-BFA103 Accountability and Accounting
- 2 major subjects
- TAS-BMA101 Introduction to Management
- TAS-BMA121 Foundations of Human Resource Management
- 2 electives
Year 2. 8 subjects in second year including:
- 4 core subjects
- TAS-BAA211 Entrepreneurship
- TAS-BAA215 Business and Corporate Law
- TAS-BMA202 Business Strategy
- TAS-BMA250 Managerial Social Responsibility
- 2 major subjects
- TAS-BMA217 Theories of Work and Organisation
- TAS-BMA251 Principles of Marketing
- 2 electives
Year 3. 8 subjects in third year including:
- 4 major subjects
- TAS-BMA314 Organisational Change and Development
- TAS-BMA357 Freelancing and Small Business
- TAS-BMA328 Leadership in Organisations
- TAS-BMA341 Employment Relations
- 4 electives
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the ‘Single subjects’ option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.