Diploma in Digital Business
Take one year to get ready for the digital economy
Cover business concepts and IT fundamentals in this 100% online digital business course. Topics include digital disruption, cloud platforms, management, and marketing. Get ready to work in global digital businesses. Co-designed and delivered by Accenture.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
The University of South Australia (UniSA) is ranked as one of the best young universities in the world, and is the number one university in Australia for graduate employability. UniSA offers over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning, and is a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
UniSA Online’s Diploma in Digital Business has been designed in partnership with industry to equip you with the digital literacy skills to succeed in a digital-first economy.
You’ll explore contemporary digital business concepts enhanced by core IT and business knowledge, including digital disruption, digital solution methodologies, cloud platforms, and management and organisation.
Learn how to support business growth using design thinking solutions, and address digital business challenges in a local and international context. You’ll examine case studies drawn from professional services company Accenture’s experience working with digital innovators and tech leaders, gaining an insight into global digital business practices.
Broaden your skill set with an elective tailored to your career goals across economics, accounting, business law, marketing or advanced business, and graduate with a strong foundation of knowledge.
A career in digital business is fast-paced, future-focused, and positioned at the forefront of growing demand. The Diploma in Digital Business will set you up with a strong foundation to enter a dynamic sector, or prepare you to step into the roles of tomorrow.
Roles to consider include:
• Digital communications officer
• Business liaison
• Digital marketing assistant
• Business systems support officer
• Junior digital business analyst.
Successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study over a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
Completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
Completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate 3 or above
Work and Life
(For domestic students only)
- Passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience ; OR
- Completed a 12-month UniSA Foundations Studies program or equivalent ; OR
- Qualify for Special Entry.
Credit for previous study or work
If you have previous work experience, or have studied before, you could fast-track your studies by reducing the time it takes to complete your degree.
Study Digital Business On Demand with UniSA Online and take full control over your study. Access support seven days a week, plan your study to fit around your life, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This 100% online diploma has been designed in partnership with global professional services company, Accenture, to ensure you graduate with a skillset informed by real-world experience and practice. Combined with UniSA’s expert business academics and world-class research, you’ll gain a unique qualification aligned to industry demand.
With just one year of full-time study, you’ll develop the foundation digital literacy skills to support business growth as emerging technologies and digital disruption transform the way we work. You’ll build valuable connections with industry leaders, and study a flexible qualification tailored to your career goals.
Informed by contemporary digital business research and enhanced by industry connections, UniSA Online’s Diploma in Digital Business is the ideal platform to help you take the first step into digital business, or prepare for further study.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
- Business and Society (BUSS1067) OR Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange (MARK 1018) OR Macroeconomics (ECON 1011)
- Exploring Digital Technology in Business (BUSS 1068)
- Introduction to Digital Disruption in Business (BUSS 1069)
- Management and Organisation (BUSS 2081)
- Information Technology Fundamentals (INFT 1024) OR Design Thinking and Digital Innovation (INFS 1023)
- Digital Solution Methodologies (BUSS 2089)
- Cloud Platforms (INFT 2066)
- Elective 1
Students must complete 8 subjects including 1 elective.
Choose your subjects
- Business Intelligence (INFS 2038)
- Entrepreneurship for Social and Market Impact (BUSS 2086)
- Designing Digital Solutions (BUSS 2088)
- Design Thinking and Digital Innovation (INFS 10253)
- Business Law (LAWS 1019)
- Business and Society (BUSS 1067)
- Consumer Behaviour (MARK 1016)
- Principles of Economics (ECON 1010)
- Accounting for Business (ACCT 1011)
- Quantitative Methods for Business (MATH 1075)
- Macroeconomics (ECON 1011)