Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Interior Design (Residential)
Make a business out of making homes beautiful
Delve into the core practical and theoretical elements of residential interior design. You’ll explore materials, new technologies, joinery and finishes. Team this with industry experience and entrepreneurial skills to succeed in business.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Create future-ready living solutions that embrace new technologies.
- Work with 3D-modelling software to design residential environments.
- Explore the impact of joinery, materiality and finishes to meet client needs.
- Develop construction documentation to industry standards for the future of home design.
- Learn how to identify opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Harness entrepreneurial theory to successfully run your own business.
In this course, you will engage with the diverse theoretical and practical elements of designing residential interiors. With this broad-ranging perspective, you will graduate with the skills and social awareness that will be invaluable as you start your career in one of many exciting and challenging roles available in interior design practices, architectural studios or property developers. Potential career paths include:
- Interior Designer
- Virtual Environment Designer
- Residential Designer
- Property Stylist
- Business Owner / Manager
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification.
- Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above.
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Visit our admissions centre for more information: https://www.torrens.edu.au/how-to-apply/admissions-criteria
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
This double degree teaches you environmentally sustainable practices while you investigate the finer details of home interior design, such as fittings and fabrics, as well as societal issues which include our ageing population, homelessness, evolving gender roles and the definition of family.
You’ll discover the impact the selection of materials, lighting, joinery and furniture can have on your design, and explore technologies such as artificial intelligence and interactive audio-visual systems.
From a practical point of view, you will realise residential environments through professional design practice and cross-disciplinary interaction, technical documentation, contract management and visualisation solutions.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: Full-time: 4 years, Part-time: 8 years
Recommended Study Pattern
This course comprises of 32 subjects that you are required to complete: 28 core subjects and 4 elective subjects.
- Level 100: 10 core subjects and 1 elective
- Level 200: 8 core subjects and 2 electives
- Level 300: 10 core subjects and 1 elective