How to become a community arts worker
What does a community arts worker do?Community arts workers are vital to the community. They develop strategies and programs to help the people of the area during difficult times. These programs are designed to provide aid for financial, social and economically troubled individuals through education, programs and other important community resources. Community Arts Workers provide a valuable and necessary service to those in the community.
Duties and tasks
- Assess risks and provide counselling.
- Create reports and develop funding requests.
- Develop and maintain resources and programs.
- Establish community groups, training programs alternative housing and provide other services to the community.
- Identify the causes of community issues and find solutions.
- Provide support to clients.
- Research the problems, issues and needs of the community.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.