How to become a recreation officer
What does a recreation officer do?
Duties and tasks
- Assist with information on counselling, housing services, food access, etc.
- Secure food, housing, and other social benefits and help with access to job training and education.
- Improve care and programs available for community members.
- Interview individuals and families to determine specific needs.
- Publish reports on the efficiency and quality of community services.
- Set up plans of action to ensure better qualities of life.
- Work with victims of abuse by providing counselling, care, and financial assistance.
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.