How to become a recreation officer
What does a recreation officer do?
Duties and tasks
- Assist with information on counselling, housing services, food access, etc.
- Secure food, housing, and other social benefits and help with access to job training and education.
- Improve care and programs available for community members.
- Interview individuals and families to determine specific needs.
- Publish reports on the efficiency and quality of community services.
- Set up plans of action to ensure better qualities of life.
- Work with victims of abuse by providing counselling, care, and financial assistance.
- Community worker
- Social worker
- Special care worker
- Welfare case worker
- Youth worker
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.