How to become a recreation officer
What does a recreation officer do?
Duties and tasks
- Assist with information on counselling, housing services, food access, etc.
- Secure food, housing, and other social benefits and help with access to job training and education.
- Improve care and programs available for community members.
- Interview individuals and families to determine specific needs.
- Publish reports on the efficiency and quality of community services.
- Set up plans of action to ensure better qualities of life.
- Work with victims of abuse by providing counselling, care, and financial assistance.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.