Creative Ways to Work with Community
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
This research-based university in Perth has a strong interdisciplinary focus and a reputation for outstanding teaching and ground-breaking research. With more than 25,000 students and 2,400 staff from over 90 countries, and campuses in Dubai and Singapore, Murdoch embraces free thinking, shared ideas and knowledge to make a difference, and Open Universities Australia is certainly part of that.
Learn more about Murdoch.
Explore Murdoch courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On successful completion of the subject you should be able to:
- communicate using writing skills, in forms that are clear, concise, articulate and appropriate for different purposes
- combine learning with practice by carrying out a range of activities and exercises related to creativity and commsubjecty development
- consider taking on various roles related to the use of creative methods with a commsubjecty; including facilitating, recording, note taking, evaluation, public speaking, as well as have an idea how these all may combine to contribute to ‘artful practice’
- combine the art of sceptically reading academic literature with learning derived from a consideration of case studies of successful projects.
- Community participation and engagement
- Theoretical and practical traditions of community
- Types of participation
- Digital technology and community participation
- Digital technology, sound, text and communities
- Spatial mapping and community participation
- Cultural development and arts practice
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- MUR-COD334A (Not currently available)
- MUR-COD334 (Not currently available)
Students must have completed 18 credit points (6 OUA subjects) at Level 1 before enrolling in this subject. This subject is also equivalent to COD334 Creative Ways to Work with Community.
No additional requirements
This subject was previously known as COD334A Creative Ways to Work with Community.
Increasingly groups are signalling that community involvement in planning, management and government is something they would like to see carried out more often. This subject introduces students to some practical participatory methods as well as questioning what may be required for individuals and organisations to develop and discover a ‘voice’. It also asks them to begin to develop some skills in reflective practice in regard to their own processes when working in such a realm.
Please Note: All students studying at Murdoch University will need to complete the compulsory unit, Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP100), which only takes 2-3 hours to complete online. Find out more: http://goto.murdoch.edu.au/MurdochAcademicPassport.
- Politics of Participation (30%)
- Tools for Participation (25%)
- Discussion Forum (10%)
- Digital Story Book (35%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).