- Community participation and engagement
- Theoretical and practical traditions of community
- Types of participation
- Digital technology and community participation
- Digital technology, sound, text and communities
- Spatial mapping and community participation
- Cultural development and arts practice
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- CD ROM
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Students must have completed 18 credit points (6 OUA subjects) at Level 1 before enrolling in this subject. This subject is also equivalent to COD334 Creative Ways to Work with Community.
This subject was previously known as COD334A Creative Ways to Work with Community.
Increasingly individuals, organisations, 'communities' and various government instrumentalities are signalling that community involvement in planning, management and government is something they would like to see carried out more often. At the same time, a range of imaginative strategies and tools have emerged to try and increase the level of community involvement in decision making. This subject introduces students to some of these practical participatory methods.
- Assignment 1 - Politics of Participation (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Methods of Participation (25%)
- Assignment 3 - Discussion Forum (10%)
- Assignment 4 - Digital Story Book (35%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject