Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management
Get set to join the global tourism and hospitality sector
This tourism and hospitality degree skills up graduates with a competitive business edge. Study core tourism courses. Tailor your degree and shape your career with a broad choice of electives, including events, sports management, and languages.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 15 Aug 21
- 14 Nov 21
- 04 Jul 21
- 24 Oct 21
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
In this degree, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the tourism sector, underscored by sustainability principles. You will develop core business skills in areas such as financial management, leadership, management, marketing and strategic management, and enhance these with an understanding of how to manage employment relations in a culturally diverse context.
Thanks to Griffith's close working relationship with the major hotel chains in South East Queensland and tourism operators, you will have the chance to gain knowledge from guest speakers and experience via a wide range of innovative work-integrated learning activities.
You will learn industry-standard systems and graduate with the skills and knowledge employers want, and be fully aware of the culture, service and competitive aspects of international tourism and hotel corporations.
You will be prepared for work in a range of international tourism and hotel management roles, including in hotel and resort groups and the accommodation sector. You will also find opportunities in independent restaurants and internationally recognised chains, with entertainment and leisure providers, such as theme parks, with suppliers of goods and services to the hospitality industry, in airlines, and with local, state and federal tourism and regional planning authorities.
OP (Overall Position) 15
The Griffith University's Undergraduate Programs Admission Policy will apply.
VET qualification, Certificate III
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
For the award of Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management (BIntTourHoMgt), you must successfully complete 240 credit points, made up of the core courses AND
- 60 credit points for the Tourism Management major or Hospitality Management major; AND
- 60 credit points for a second major and 10 credit points of listed and/or Undergraduate free-choice elective/s, or70 credit points of listed electives and/or Undergraduate free-choice elective/s.
This degree may be awarded with Distinction where a student achieves a minimum program GPA of 6.5 with no failed courses. The words 'This award was achieved with Distinction' will be recorded on the testamur.
Degree structure can be found here