How to become an actuary
What does an actuary do?
Duties and tasks
- Ability to analyse complex data and report on the results
- Evaluate businesses financial risks and provide judgement on investments or planned future investments
- Knowledge and proficiency in regulatory issues, policies, risk and compliance matters
- Perform financial and risk analysis
- Prepare financial models, financial projections, budgets and future cash flows
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects
Step up your career with these resources
How upskilling or re-skilling could improve your post-COVID-19 career options
Almost every industry has faced immense changes over the course of the COVID-19 crisis. How are you boosting your skillset to secure your career?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.