How to become a statistician
Pathways to this career
What does a statistician do?Statisticians develop or apply statistical theory and methods to collect, interpret, organise, and compile numerical data. Organisations use statisticians’ work to solve problems in fields including biology, agriculture, business and economics.
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and interpret statistical data.
- Design research projects for collecting data.
- Ensure validity, efficiency and accuracy of statistical methods.
- Represent information in chart, table or graph form.
- Process large amounts of data.
- Supervise technicians collecting and compiling data.
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.