How to become a statistician
Pathways to this career
What does a statistician do?Statisticians develop or apply statistical theory and methods to collect, interpret, organise, and compile numerical data. Organisations use statisticians’ work to solve problems in fields including biology, agriculture, business and economics.
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and interpret statistical data.
- Design research projects for collecting data.
- Ensure validity, efficiency and accuracy of statistical methods.
- Represent information in chart, table or graph form.
- Process large amounts of data.
- Supervise technicians collecting and compiling data.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.