How to become a payroll clerk
What does a payroll clerk do?
Duties and tasks
- Archive files for resigned, retired or fired employees.
- Correct any problems with employees payroll checks.
- Create payroll files for new employees.
- Factor overtime, bonuses and vacations.
- Get the proper government forms from new employees.
- Maintain all employees payroll records.
- Prepare payroll through the use of employee time cards or time sheets.
- Process payroll checks.
- Accounting Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Bank Officer
- Collection Officer
- Office Administrator
- Payroll Clerk
- Payroll Officer
- Support Officer
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.