How to become a payroll clerk
What does a payroll clerk do?
Duties and tasks
- Archive files for resigned, retired or fired employees.
- Correct any problems with employees payroll checks.
- Create payroll files for new employees.
- Factor overtime, bonuses and vacations.
- Get the proper government forms from new employees.
- Maintain all employees payroll records.
- Prepare payroll through the use of employee time cards or time sheets.
- Process payroll checks.
- Accounting Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Bank Officer
- Collection Officer
- Office Administrator
- Payroll Clerk
- Payroll Officer
- Support Officer
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Major in Logistics and SCM
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.