Bachelor of Business (Business Analytics)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 15 Jan 23
- 05 Feb 23
- 07 May 23
- 25 Jun 23
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Acquire and apply discipline specific knowledge and skills related to business and organisations (Discipline Knowledge).
- Communicate information effectively in written and oral forms with a diverse range of stakeholders (Communication Skills).
- Apply critical and analytical skills to the identification and evaluation of complex business problems and draw logical conclusions (Critical Skills).
- Work both independently and collaboratively to achieve agreed team outcomes (Teamwork).
Graduates can pursue a career in many different industries worldwide, with many companies seeking new employees who are able to use data to solve complex problems, inform business strategy and communicate with stakeholders.
As a Bachelor of Business (Business Analytics) graduate, you will have access to a diverse range of career opportunities such as:
• Financial Analyst
• Business Analyst
• Market Research Analyst
Open enrolment subjects
Successful completion of any 4 OUA open access subjects of study at the equivalent AQF level, unless otherwise specified
Successful completion of a minimum of 2 (25 credit points) undergraduate subjects of study within an equivalent AQF level course or higher.
Published ATAR ≥ 50,
Internal ATAR ≥ 50,
Concessional ATAR ≥ 50
Successful completion of certificate IV or higher
Work and Life
Domestic Applicants with work and life experience: If you have not successfully completed senior secondary, tertiary or TAFE/VET study, but have extensive or sustained work experience.
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
Learn to use data to make informed business decisions.
A Bachelor of Business majoring in Business Analytics will include building foundational programming skills for business analytics and developing knowledge on the business context and various applications of analytics in a range of business scenarios. Business analytics is an exciting and emerging discipline that combines technology-related skills with business acumen.
The business analytics major will provide you with practical hands-on experience working with the latest technologies in data analytics. The major will develop skills in programming, data modelling, data analysis, data visualization and data storytelling within a business context.
With a focus on analysing data in a business context, the major will equip you with the skills needed to thrive in today’s data-driven world.
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended:
Year 1. 8 Subjects in first year including:
- 4 Core subjects
- TAS-BAA111 People and Organisations
- TAS-BEA111 Introduction to Markets and the Economy
- TAS-BEA140 Data Analysis for Business
- TAS-BFA103 Accountability and Accounting
- 2 Major subjects
- TAS-KIT101 Programming Fundamentals
- TAS-KIT102 Introduction to Data Science
- 2 Electives
Year 2. 8 Subjects in second year including:
- 4 Core subjects
- TAS-BAA211 Entrepreneurship
- TAS-BAA215 Business and Corporate Law
- TAS-BMA202 Business Strategy
- TAS-BMA250 Managerial Social Responsibility
- 2 Major subjects
- TAS-BEA212 Fundamentals of Business Analytics
- TAS-BEA213 Data Analytics for Accounting
- 2 Electives
Year 3. 8 Subjects in third year including:
- 4 Major subjects
- TAS-BEA318 Business Analytics for Strategic Decision-Making
- TAS-BEA319 Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Applications for Business
- TAS-BEA342 Forecasting for Economic Decision-Making
- TAS-BFA315 Information Systems for Business
- 4 Electives
Successful completion of 24 subjects as outlined in the recommended study pattern within 3-7 years, from the time of first enrolment.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the ‘Single subjects’ option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.