Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 13 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify and apply critical components for academic writing
- Plan and write in academic formats in accordance with university standards and principles
- Exercise critical thinking to evaluate, analyse and integrate sources into academic writing
- Communicating Ideas
- The Thesis
- Practicing Shorter Pieces
- Organising and Planning for Length
- Evidence and Support
- Style and Clarity Revisited
- Portfolio Focus
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
In this subject you will develop your ability to communicate in written form in a university environment. You will gain the skills and develop strategies to plan and write academically. In particular, you will analyse assignment tasks, learn how to structure an essay, draw on your critical thinking skills, and synthesise multiple academic sources and reference these in-text.
- Annotated Essay (40%%)
- Short Essay Summary (60%%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.