Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify and apply critical components for academic writing
- Plan and write in academic formats in accordance with university standards and principles
- Exercise critical thinking to evaluate, analyse and integrate sources into academic writing
- Communicating Ideas
- The Thesis
- Practicing Shorter Pieces
- Organising and Planning for Length
- Evidence and Support
- Style and Clarity Revisited
- Portfolio Focus
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this subject you will develop your ability to communicate in written form in a university environment. You will gain the skills and develop strategies to plan and write academically. In particular, you will analyse assignment tasks, learn how to structure an essay, draw on your critical thinking skills, and synthesise multiple academic sources and reference these in-text.
- Annotated Essay (40%%)
- Short Essay Summary (60%%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.