Research and Writing in Exercise Science
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of Notre Dame Australia is committed to delivering an excellent student experience, alongside a high standard of teaching, research, and training. As a leader in ethical education, Notre Dame aims to develop students’ critical reasoning and their ability to make ethical decisions—crucial skills to progressing their careers and leading purposeful lives. At Notre Dame, students navigate their future with an ethical education online.
Learn more about UNDA.
Explore UNDA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Source and identify peer-reviewed research material
- Interpret research material to answer and support your writing
- Understand the basics of academic writing and apply to your own writing.
- Academic writing, referencing, sourcing research, academic integrity, ethics, data analysis and interpretation, presentation skills.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course provides the concepts and skills needed to obtain and use information effectively in the field of exercise science. The emphasis is on the location and use of information sources covered including electronic databases and the Internet. Students will learn how to disseminate relevant information from sourced information and understand the research methods used to identify practical implications. The course will provide knowledge and skills to complete the tasks required for academic writing and research.
- Sourcing research and referencing Quiz (20%)
- Paraphrasing assessment (45%)
- Infographic and data representation (35%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).