Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Using a scenario based approach, demonstrate the ability to consider assumptions, classify and explore strategic information, and formulate an integrated and insightful analytical response.
- Using scenario based approach, demonstrate the ability to reflect critically upon research processes for the discipline.
- Demonstrate an ability to use mathematics to analyse a scenario, create approaches to that scenario and critically develop a solution to that scenario.
- Apply the conceptual, theoretical and practical knowledge of strategic management to assess competitive organisational scenarios, and position and plan for these organisations to operate effectively on a competitive business landscape.
- • Strategic management and strategic competitiveness.
- • The external environment.
- • The internal organisation.
- • Business level strategy.
- • Competitive rivalry and competitive dynamics.
- • Corporate level strategy.
- • Merger and acquisition strategies.
- • International strategy.
- • Co-operative strategy.
- • Corporate governance.
- • Organisational structure and controls.
- • Strategic leadership.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
In this subject you will gain a comprehensive understanding of techniques and models applied in organisations to ensure sustainable competitive advantage. This involves application of key theories to decisions and actions taken by an organisation's senior management team to devise a long-term plan with the intention of developing the organisation's core competencies and increasing the organisation's competitiveness. Key topics in this subject include; understanding the dynamics of the internal and external environments, Value Chain Analysis, the 5 Forces Model, corporate level strategy, business level strategy, modes of entry into domestic and international markets, propensity to innovate and level of competition and corporate governance. The focus will be on developing your ability to understand, evaluate and effectively apply strategic management knowledge to modern organisations.
- Individual Authentic Learning Active Case Assignment (1700 words) (40%)
- Individual Quantitative Literacy Assignment (1700 words) (40%)
- Individual Research Portfolio Assignment (900 words) (20%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.