Your upfront cost: $0
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Review your own interpersonal skills and self-diagnose strategies where improvement is desired.
Lead a multicultural team in defining and committing to the goals, roles and norms via which it can successfully achieve its objectives.
Explain the forces that affect behaviour in organisations with reference to the theory of organisational behaviour.
Analyse and resolve contemporary organisational challenges through the application of the theory of organisational behaviour.
- • What is organisational behaviour?
- • Individual attributes.
- • Job attitudes and perception.
- • Motivation.
- • Groups and group dynamics.
- • Teamwork and team building.
- • Decision-making.
- • Emotions, stress and well-being.
- • Organisational communication and conflict.
- • Organisational power and leadership.
- • Organisational culture.
- • Organisational change.
Past La Trobe University students who have previously completed MGT2OBE (Working with Others) are ineligible to enrol in this subject.
No additional requirements
Organisational Behaviour will provide an introduction to individual characteristics, interpersonal relationships and group processes, as they relate to individual behaviour and outcomes in organisations. Organisational behaviour theory and concepts will be applied to current organisational problems relating to motivation, decision-making, teamwork, leadership and diversity. In the workshops you will develop the capabilities to work effectively in teams and lead teams to achieve their goals.
- Individual Assignment (1000 words) (20%)
- Group Assignment Part A: Group case study report (equivalent to 700 words per student) (20%)
- Group Assignment Part B: Individual reflection on teamwork (1000 words) [completed individually] (20%)
- Final individual assignment (1750 words) (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).