Recruitment and Selection
Break down the theories behind good recruitment and selection practices. Identify how to assess internal applicants versus external ones. Measure how companies develop employment value propositions to stand out in a competitive labour market.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of principles and practices in relation to recruitment and selection
- HR strategy and staffing practices as a source of competitive advantage
- employer branding and the employment value proposition (EVP) in competitive labour markets
- legal issues relating to recruitment and selection
- workforce planning techniques
- job design and analysis
- recruitment and selection processes and methods
- selection decision-making approaches
- apply recruitment and selection theory in the evaluation of job-specific recruitment and selection practices
- comprehend matters discussed in the research literature in relation to recruitment and selection practices.
- Strategic staffing
- Business and staffing strategies
- The legal context
- Strategic job analysis and competency modelling
- Workforce forecasting and planning
- Recruitment strategies
- Assessing external and internal job applicants
- Selecting and appointing new staff
- Managing workforce flow
- Staffing system evaluation and technology
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- MON-MAN231 (Not currently available)
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- GRF-EHR202-Strategic Human Resource Management
- MON-MAN22 (Not currently available)
- MAQ-PSYX130-Organisational Behaviour (No longer available)
- MAQ-PSY130 (Not currently available)
- Equipment requirements - Audio/Visual equipment
Recruitment and selection is one of the core functions of Human Resource Management, and of management more generally, because of its substantial impact upon the people who work within any particular organisation. ThisÂ unit aims to enable students to understand the theory and practice of recruitment and selection; and develop an appreciation of best practice in recruitment and selection.
- Quiz (20%)
- Assignment (40%)
- Online Exam (40%)