- Globalisation and journalism
- War journalism and peace journalism
- International journalism practices
- Regional Case Studies
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You must complete Level 1 and 2 Communication studies before starting this subject.
No special requirements
Explore how journalism is theorised and practised in a global media environment. Firstly, you will look at the different roles of journalism as a global cultural resource and examine international case studies based on current events. You will be encouraged to nominate locations on which to focus analysis.
Upon completion of this subject you will have a deeper understanding of the theoretical approaches to journalism as a global cultural practice, the ways in which journalism operates in the global media environment, how journalism is practised across cultures, the nature and extent of alternative media approaches internationally and the relationships between journalism and other social institutions.
- Assignment 1 - Online Discussion (25%)
- Assignment 2 - Report (25%)
- Assignment 3 - Essay (50%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject