Digital and Social Media Marketing
Venture into the online marketing arena and test a variety of strategies.
Track trends in contemporary e-marketing. Oversee the development of a digital marketing plan. Consider how your approach would change on B2B and B2C online marketing campaigns.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 25 Feb 2019
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- prepare an eMarketing plan
- identify key trends and critical issues in eMarketing
- apply and integrate eMarketing theory and practice
- understand the strategic implications of an organisation's decision to offer their products or services electronically.
- Internet Marketing Fundamentals
- Internet micro environment
- Internet macro environment
- Internet marketing strategy
- Internet marketing mix
- Relationship marketing
- Online customer experience
- Campaign planning
- Communications and social media
- Evaluating channel performance
- B2C and B2B
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects or other relevant experience.
No special requirements
This subject will focus on an eMarketing strategy to enhance the contemporary digital environment and its relationship with 'bricks and mortar' businesses. The subject develops students understanding of eMarketing strategy across a variety of industry sectors. The subject represents an important component of marketing strategy.
- Research based assignment (30%)
- Marketing campaign (50%)
- Online quiz (20%)
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of Business
- Business Introductory Core Subjects
- Major in Human Resource Management
- Major in Management
- Major in Contemporary Marketing
- Major in International Hotel Management (Last year of offer 2018)