Digital and Social Media Marketing
Venture into the online marketing arena and test a variety of strategies.
Track trends in contemporary e-marketing. Oversee the development of a digital marketing plan. Consider how your approach would change on B2B and B2C online marketing campaigns.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
1. Understand principles of strategic digital marketing and the role of digital and social media channels.
2. Explain the role of digital marketing in the contemporary marketing environment.
3. Critically analyse and research digital marketing situations.
4. Apply marketing theory to create digital marketing solutions.
- Introduction to unit
- The disruptive digital force. A new era for Marketing
- Digital strategy: The 5-step digital marketing process + client pitches
- Finding your voice: Situation analysis and brand narrative exercise
- Building personas and digital journey mapping
- The digital hourglass and setting conversion objectives
- Content development: Themes, angles and production
- Delivering the online experience: Website and Email Marketing (Mid-term online quiz)
- Delivering the online experience: Social media marketing, influencers and messenger
- Delivering the online experience: PPC and SEO
- Budgeting, Scheduling, and implementation using marketing technology
- Evaluating your digital marketing campaigns using marketing technology
- Independent study week
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects or other relevant experience.
No additional requirements
This subject will focus on an eMarketing strategy to enhance the contemporary digital environment and its relationship with 'bricks and mortar' businesses. The subject develops students understanding of eMarketing strategy across a variety of industry sectors. The subject represents an important component of marketing strategy.
Commonwealth Supported Students who intend to complete a Griffith University Subject as Cross-Institutional Study in a degree from their home institution need to complete a Cross-Institutional Study application form, to ensure the correct fee is charged.
- Research based assignment (30%)
- Online quiz (20%)
- Marketing campaign (50%)