Enhance your training and development skills and explore how they'd apply in a modern organisation.
Devise, develop and critique your own training session plan. Research training models that foster individual, group and organisational learning.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 17 Jul 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge into adult learning theories, training and development processes, problem-solving, analysis and practical applications in the area.
- Undertake an effective training needs analysis (TNA) to ensure that training is learner focused and achieves desired organisational outcomes
- Plan, design and develop an informative and engaging training session which has positive impact on individuals and the organisation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a training session
- Demonstrate professionally relevant Human Resource Development (HRD) skills by analysing contemporary HRD organisational problems and applying relevant HRD solutions
- Strategic HR training and development
- Training needs assessments
- Learning theories and program design
- Training methods
- Transfer of training
- Training evaluation
- Development and organisational applications
- Special issues in training and development
- Careers and career management
- Future of HR Training and Development
- Cases in HR Training and Development
- Review of unit and assessment preparation
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- GRF-EHR202-Strategic Human Resource Management
- GRF-EHR203-Recruitment and Selection
- MON-MAN22 (Not currently available)
- MON-MAN231 (Not currently available)
- Equipment requirements - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject aims to develop theoretical understanding and practical skills in the training and development process. Throughout this subject, students will examine various theories, models and concepts that relate to individual, group and organisational learning. Students will then utilise this scholarly insight to inform development of a practical assessment that will enable students to analyse, design, develop and evaluate their very own training session.Â More broadly, thisÂ subjectÂ also explores the critical issues of training and skills development within today's organisations as they strive to meet their changing needs in a competitive environment.
In order to develop a range of skills that are increasingly important in professional work, group work will also form part of one of the assessment items in this subject.
- Assignment 2 (50%)
- Online Exam (30%)
- Assignment 1 (20%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).