- What is a digital world?
- Digital identities and digital security
- Digital convergence
- Participation and the digital divide
- Being a digital curator and working with digital information
- Digital fluency
- Digital blurring
- What is lifelong learning in a digital age?
- Flipped classrooms
- Schooling in a digital age: the issue of cyberbullying
- Creative Technologies
- Digital teachers
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as EDC101 Teaching and Learning in the Digital World.
This subject provides an overview of technology enhanced resources commonly used to support teaching and learning. Fundamental skills, attitudes, and approaches that educators require to make effective personal and professional use of such resources in varied educational contexts will be addressed. A key focus will be effective integration of technology to enhance learning, teaching and management processes. Approaches for working in technology-rich educational contexts by which possible harm to one’s self and to others may be minimised through systematic assessment of risk, adoption of safe practices, and ethical behaviour will be explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Reflection (25%)
- Website (50%)
- eTest (25%)
Bachelor of Education Secondary Education
- Core Education Subjects - Unrestricted
- Major in The Arts (Visual Arts) Education
- Major in English Education
- Major in Humanities and Social Sciences Education