Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Undergraduate Certificate in Teaching Education Studies (full-time only)
Work towards your future in early childhood teaching
This course is discounted under the Government’s Higher Education Relief Package when studied full-time from May-December, 2020. Study child development, tech in the classroom, and early literacy. Work towards a bachelor degree in the field.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 16 Aug 20
- 15 Nov 20
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
This undergraduate certificate aims to enable students to:
- apply principles and concepts of teaching in a variety of contexts relevant to paraprofessional work and/or further learning
- apply critical and creative thinking and problem solving skills to generate innovative solutions to teaching problems
- use technology appropriately to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and other members of the school community
- consider global perspectives on education and international teaching standards
- demonstrate respect for Indigenous values, cultures and knowledges and consider Indigenous perspectives on education and teaching.
No eligibility requirements
The Undergraduate Certificate in Teaching Education Studies is designed for people who are interested in pursuing a career in early childhood or primary education and gives the student entry (and credit for the four subjects completed) into the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or (Primary) degree at Curtin. You will explore the world of child development, the use of technology in the classroom for younger school-aged learners, and explore emerging literacy. This course will also examine some of the issues and trends that impact on teaching and schooling.
To qualify for the award of Undergraduate Certificate in Teaching Education Studies students must complete all four core subjects.
Choose subjects to begin.
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.