- Projects & Project Management: An introduction
- Inititation project charter
- Project scope management
- Project planning and time management
- Project risk management: Introduction
- Project risk management: Processes
- Project cost management
- Project human resource management
- Procurement management
- Communications management
- Project quality management
- Integration, project success and project closing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as URP660 Project Management Overview.
This subject provides an overview of the concepts of projects, project management and project success. Students will apply systems theory to projects and analyse project management for initiation, planning, controlling and closing for managing scope, human resources, communication and stakeholders.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - EssayReport & Case Study (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Online Test (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Report & Case Study (40%)