Project Management Overview
Gain perspective on real industry projects in professional settings from idea to execution. Analyse a case study to contrast initiation and planning ideas. Scope out and communicate project management concepts and processes. Consider costs and risk.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Aug 2020
- 01 Mar 2021
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse authentic projects in organisations through the application of a project perspective
- generate project documents for an authentic industry project
- analyse and reflect upon a case study to contrast theory and practice of project initiation and planning
- recognise concepts of projects and project management.
- Projects & Project Management: An introduction
- Inititation project charter
- Project scope management
- Project planning and time management
- Project risk management: Introduction
- Project risk management: Processes
- Project cost management
- Project human resource management
- Procurement management
- Communications management
- Project quality management
- Integration, project success and project closing
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as URP660 Project Management Overview.
This subject provides an overview of the concepts of projects, project management and project success. Students will apply systems theory to projects and analyse project management for initiation, planning, controlling and closing for managing scope, human resources, communication and stakeholders.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- EssayReport & Case Study (40%)
- Online Test (20%)
- Report & Case Study (40%)
Textbooks are not required.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.