Stamp your finance passport with knowledge in areas such as international parity conditions, exposure management, hedging tools, diversification and debt. Learn how to create solutions for multinational enterprises.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Feb 2022
- 29 Aug 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- develop skills in reading and accessing relevant information to enhance the knowledge in international finance
- apply knowledge and think critically about complex issues in international finance
- create solutions to forex problems faced by Multi-national Enterprises(MNEs).
- Globalization and the Multinational firm
- International Monetary System and Balance of Payments
- The Market for Foreign Exchange
- International Parity Relationships and Forecasting Foreign Exchange Rates
- Futures and Options on Foreign Exchange
- Introduction to Forex Exposure Types and Management of Transaction exposure
- International Banking and Money Market
- Interest Rate and Currency Swaps
- International Trade Finance
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
Quotations in foreign exchange, spot, forward and cross rates, international finance parity conditions, risk in an international context, foreign exposure management and measurement, hedging tools and specialised instruments, international diversification, universal hedging, international debt and equity and Euromarket.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- e-Test (25%)
- Case Study - Foreign Exchange Hedging (35%)
- Case study (40%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
International Financial Management, 9th ed.
C. S. Eun, et al.
Next study term: 27 Feb 22 to 29 May 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.