Stamp your finance passport with knowledge in areas such as international parity conditions, exposure management, hedging tools, diversification and debt. Learn how to create solutions for multinational enterprises.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
- 02 Mar 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- develop skills in reading and accessing relevant information to enhance the knowledge in international finance
- apply knowledge and think critically about complex issues in international finance
- create solutions to forex problems faced by Multi-national Enterprises(MNEs).
- Globalization and the Multinational firm
- International Monetary System and Balance of Payments
- The Market for Foreign Exchange
- International Parity Relationships and Forecasting Foreign Exchange Rates
- Futures and Options on Foreign Exchange
- Introduction to Forex Exposure Types and Management of Transaction exposure
- International Banking and Money Market
- Interest Rate and Currency Swaps
- International Trade Finance
Quotations in foreign exchange, spot, forward and cross rates, international finance parity conditions, risk in an international context, foreign exposure management and measurement, hedging tools and specialised instruments, international diversification, universal hedging, international debt and equity and Euromarket.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Mid-semester Test (25%)
- Assignment (25%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.