Business Analysis for Investment
Sift through financial statements and learn how to identify useful information. Use the trusted techniques that professionals wield to analyse financial data. Understand how risk analysis reports are put together, and learn about forecasting and valuation.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 29 Aug 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- describe and apply the basic techniques of financial statement analysis
- identify and utilise value-relevant information from the financial statements
- explain the role played by financial statement analysis in the functioning of an efficient capital market
- apply established requirements for analysing financial statement information for forecasting, valuation and risk analysis purposes.
- Financial Statement Analysis: An Introduction
- Financial Reporting Mechanics & Standards
- Understanding Income Statements & Balance Sheets
- Understanding Cash-Flow Statements
- Financial Analysis Techniques & Applications
- Financial Reporting Quality
- Long-Lived Assets
- Valuation 1
- Valuation 2
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
This subject was previously known as Introduction to Financial Statement Analysis
Introduction to the financial statement analysis, understanding financial statements and supplementary information, financial analysis techniques and applications, evaluating financial reporting quality, analysis of financial statement for forecasting, valuation and risk analysis purposes.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment (50%)
- Final Examination - remote invigilated (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation
Next study term: 28 Aug 22 to 27 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.