Industry Project Development
Pulling together your 3d skills, adding advanced rendering and lighting, you’ll work on meeting a brief for a 3d project. Working to industry standards, you’ll experience an authentic work environment, and be held to professional real-world conduct.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Aug 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply design production experience to industry-focused projects
- create industry standard digital media outcomes within an authentic work environment
- reflect on the role and importance of professionalism in industry practice
- reflect upon, adapt and incorporate industry practices into the production of 3D focused projects.
- Unit Introduction; Client & Audience; Creative Ideation
- Design Research Industry Trends
- Design Production Workflows; Production Planning
- Design Feedback; Concept Development & Storyboarding
- Animatics & Prototypes
- Concept Development and Design Mockups
- Production Workshop
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- Equipment requirements - Computer capable of running project-relevant animation software
- Other requirements -
Relevant Animation Software (eg. Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, zBrush etc)
This subject was previously known as 3D Project Development.
In this subject students will work on projects that are directly linked with real-world practice. Projects based on simulated client briefs, real client briefs, or studio placements give students direct experience in working in professional environments. Students will have the opportunity to document and reflect on their experiences, as well as forge industry connections in the 3D visualisation, visual effects, education, simulation and game design industries.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project proposal (20%)
- Project development (40%)
- Refelction report (40%)
Current study term: 28 Aug 22 to 27 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.