Human Rights Project Preparation
Zero your studies in on one human rights issue. Articulate a project plan. Make the choice to take on either a practice- or a theory-based project.Step into an internship at a human rights organisation or begin exploration work for your dissertation.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- use appropriate technologies to locate and critically appraise relevant human rights literature or practice
- synthesise a range of information to identify a human rights issue
- develop and communicate a human rights project plan.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- CUR-CHRE503-Community Education and Consciousness Raising
- CUR-CHRE501-Human Rights Theory and Philosophy
- CUR-CHRE512-Human Rights Activism, Advocacy and Change
- CUR-CHRE507-Human Rights and Development
- CUR-CHRE506-Human Rights Instruments and Institutions
- CUR-CHRE502-Human Rights History Across Cultures and Religions
Please Note: Students are encouraged to have completed most, if not all of the recommended subjects, before enrolling in CHRE601.
- Equipment requirements - Audio/Visual equipment
Under the guidance of a supervisor this research subject is either practice-based or theory-based, depending on the interest of the student. A practice-based project involves an internship at a human rights organisation. A theory-based project involves preparation for a dissertation.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Proposal (50%)
- Literature review (50%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 24 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.