Fine Art Project Advanced A
Identify your creative skills, techniques and processes and refine them. Present your own self-directed fine art project. Build a framework around your art pieces that unifies them conceptually. Show your work to your peers and fold in their feedback.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- refine skills, techniques, methods and processes by producing a resolved body of work
- evaluate own knowledge, skills or abilities in order to make self-directed learning decisions
- propose, manage and plan a body of work applying knowledge of chosen skills, techniques, methods and processes, within an international and cultural context
- document the decision-making process and studio practice
- synthesise creative ideas and strategies for the conceptualisation and realisation of artworks ready for exhibition.
- Development of art project proposal and articulation of ideas
- Refinement of the technical approach to the art project
- Resolve conceptual framework for the body of work
This subject was previously known as Art Project: Development.
This subject is designed to further develop your capacity to refine, present and critique your self-directed studio practice. You will contextualise your practice within a broader cultural, social and international context and develop a body of work for group discussion and ongoing presentation.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Proposal (15%)
- Project Folio (35%)
- Project Presentation (50%)