- Introduction to self directed research project
- Research ideas / contextualise
- Research methods and materials
- Produce a body or series of artworks to express ideas for further development
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Assignment 1 - Final Folio Assessment (60%)
- Assignment 2 - Studio Research Presentation (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Other special requirement — Supply your own art materials and have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for documenting your artwork for assessment.
This subject was previously known as Art Project: Innovation and Investigation.
This subject is designed to further develop your capacity for reflection and research-based enquiry into skills, techniques, methods and processes of visual art. You will gain further skills in articulating the studio research process and further develop conceptual frameworks that support artistic practice.
You must supply your own art materials and have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for documenting your artwork for assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.