- Prepare self directed art project proposal in consultation with your tutor
- Research and develop artworks
- Contextualise ideas and practical approach to art project
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Assignment 1 - Final Folio Assessment (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Project Proposal (15%)
- Assignment 3 - Project Presentation (35%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Other special requirement — Supply your own art materials and have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for documenting your artwork for assessment.
This subject was previously known as Art Project: Exploration.
This subject is designed to develop your capacity to refine, resolve, present and critique a self-directed studio practice. Considering a variety of international perspectives, you will develop a project proposal, engage in group discussion and ongoing presentation of work to peers.
You must supply your own art materials and have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for documenting your artwork for assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.