Enterprise Content Management
Straddle the line that connects records management technology and the business world. Leaf through thesaurus construction software. Explore classification schemes. Amass a wealth of practical experience using enterprise content management programs.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate functionalities of electronic document and record management systems and assess their practical application in organisations
- synthesise classification schemes and construct scheme for an organisation using thesaurus construction software
- communicate enterprise content management theories and practices professionally in a business and academic context.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
You will need to have access to a PC which allows you administrative privileges. This Unit uses software which will only run on Windows hence ensure you have access to a PC for successful completion of one of the assessments.
Examination of the functions of major business applications and of the processes involved in choosing and implementing them. Understanding the effect of technologies on corporate processes and culture, including techniques for the organisation and indexing of records and documents. Extensive practical use of a number of different products.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Business Report (35%)
- Business Functional Analysis (35%)
- Reflection of Enterprise Operations (30%)
Textbook information is pending.