Enterprise Content Management
Highlight the benefits and functionalities of electronic documents and record management systems in corporate settings.Experiment with a number of different content management products. Ascertain the practical workplace and academic applications.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate functionalities of electronic document and record management systems and assess their practical application in organisations
- synthesise classification schemes and construct scheme for an organisation using thesaurus construction software
- communicate enterprise content management theories and practices professionally in a business and academic context
- research and contextualise practical applications against the theoretical framework in records management programs.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
Examination of the functions of major business applications and of the processes involved in choosing and implementing them. Understanding the effect of technologies on corporate processes and culture, including techniques for the organisation and indexing of records and documents. Extensive practical use of a number of different products.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercise A (10%)
- Report (40%)
- Exercise B (10%)
- Investigation (40%)
Textbooks are not required.