- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- TravelDetails - Students are required to attend two site visits organised by the Unit Coordinator at your State/Territory. Details for each visit will be published in the Unit Outline at the beginning of the Study Period. Alternative options will be provided if you are unable to attend the visit organised for you.
An introduction to the concepts and practice of efficient, effective and accountable recordkeeping in a variety of organisational contexts. Includes records and recordkeeping; recordkeeping systems and programs or frameworks; life cycle and continuum theory; and basic processes such as correspondence control, reports management, records classification, records housing and storage, appraisal, retention and disposal. Including the management of quality records and controlled documents.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Brochure (25%)
- Quiz (25%)
- Report 1 - Records Management Centre (25%)
- Report 2 - Commercial Storage Facility (25%)