- Trade Mark
- Passing Off, Consumer Protection and Domain Names
- Confidential Information
- Copyright I (Basic Concepts and Subsistence of Copyright)
- Copyright II (Exploitation, Infringement, Exceptions and Remedies)
- Copyright III (Digital Agenda, Moral and Related Rights) and Designs
- Commercializing IP
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Standard Media
- Web links
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- CUR-BLW14-Business Law
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
This subject provides an overview of copyright, design, patent and trademark legislation and an examination of how businesses can protect their intellectual property. It also introduces the common law torts of breach of confidence and passing off and some of the cultural implications associated with intellectual property rights.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Problem based assignment (20%)
- Written assessment (30%)
- Invigilated Exam-Final examination (50%)
Textbook information is pending.