Economics and finance
From personal wealth to whole economies, explore the connections between resources, consumption and prosperity.
Study accounting, commerce, economics, taxation or financial planning. Scope out subjects as diverse as portfolio theory, middle-east politics and banking operations. Weigh up the economy’s impact on politics while digging into Australian foreign policy and overseas aid.
See where dollars fit in the broader landscapes of crime, war, religion, culture, politics, and law. Focus on global issues of sustainability or international relations—or get strategic with financial analysis and econometrics.
Economics & finance degrees
Bachelor of Business
- Major in Economics (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Finance (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Information Systems
- Major in Marketing
- Co-Major in Economics (for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Economics (not for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (cannot be taken with the Finance or Economics Major) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (for Economics students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Information Systems
- Co-Major in Marketing (cannot be taken with the Marketing Major)
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Community Development
- Major in International Aid and Development
- Major in Security, Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Major in Sustainable Development
Economics & finance subjects
Principles of Economics
Accounting for Business
It all adds up to a rewarding career
Improve your career prospects and get accreditation from some of Australia’s peak, reputable organisations.
As one of the world’s largest member organisations, CPA Australia offers accounting and business professionals technical support, training and advocacy. They have developed the CPA Program to provide support to students.
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
Combining the strength of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants, CA ANZ strives to embolden professionals in the finance and business sector to become industry leaders.
Financial Planning Association (FPA)
The FPA is Australia’s leading association for financial planners. They back their members in discussions with government and regulators while upholding consumer trust and confidence.
Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
The IPA champions professional accounting practices in small businesses by offering growth opportunities, advice and advocacy for their members.
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Representing nearly 200,000 members and almost 500,000 students worldwide, ACCA connects accountants with governments, small businesses and large corporations. They focus on being on top of new trends and legislation.
The Tax Institute
With a focus on building up expertise and demonstrating corporate responsibility, The Tax Institute supports taxation specialists by offering resources and professional development.