Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain models for valuing debt and equity instruments and their limitations.
- Appraise methods for evaluating investment decisions.
- Evaluate the rationale for using various forms of funding and their implications for the value of the firm.
- Appraise the conflicting requirements of investment, retention of profits and returns to owners in an international context.
- The Role of Financial Management and the Taxation Environment
- Time Value of Money and Interest Rate Principles
- Multiple Cash Flows and Valuation Principles
- Risk and Rates of Return
- Valuation of Bonds and Shares
- Cost of Capital
- Capital Budgeting – Investment Criteria (NPV and other investment criteria)
- Capital Budgeting – Project Cash Flows
- Risk in Capital Budgeting
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Develop the skills required to make sound investment and financing decisions – either for yourself or for a business. You’ll cover topics such as bonds and shares, capital budgeting, cash flow and valuation, and interest rate principles. Although a significant component of the course involves working with numbers, you do not need a high level of mathematics and statistics skills. However, you are expected to be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Financial Planning degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Assignment (45%)
- Examination (55%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.