Undergraduate Certificate in Go Local Regional Study Experience
Get to know regional Western Australia
Explore how people live and work in regional WA. You’ll study key industries in the area. Tackle real-world challenges facing rural communities. This course includes online workshops and industry placements in remote, regional, and rural WA.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- 13 Nov 22
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On successful completion of this Course the learner will be able to :
- demonstrate professional knowledge that reflects an understanding of the industry and workplace
- demonstrate professional engagement in continued professional learning, improving practice, professional responsibilities, meeting of ethical, legislative, administrative and organisational requirements and positive relationships with colleagues, industry partners and the wider community
- generate evidence of professional capability from the practical elements of the professional experience being undertaken, for the purposes of completing the performance assessment
- apply core discipline-specific skills and knowledge with an employer working in a professional capacity
- explain the application of key concepts to the specific workplace context
- apply professional behaviours, including ethics, effective communication skills and teamwork
- evaluate the role of self-reflection in the development of skills for competent professional practice
This undergraduate certificate has no entry requirements and is open to everyone.
During your application
We’ll ask you to provide your education history. It’s for government data collection only and will not impact your application.
Skip the questions in the Entry Requirements section by selecting Higher Education. Then enter “n/a” in all the Previous Higher Education Studies boxes.
Although you'll need to consent to an academic results search, we won't conduct it when we process your application.
The following subjects have a placement requirement:
- GOL110 Regional Industry Placement 1
- GOL210 Regional Industry Placement 2
Curtin will sort out the management of the placement or the student can come to Curtin with a placement already.
For enquiries, please contact Curtin Connect (https://students.connect.curtin.edu.au/app/ask)
Applications for Credit for Recognised Learning are not considered within this course.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Go Local Regional Study Experience focuses on social, economic and environmental sustainability pillars, and it provides students with foundational skills in design thinking, project ideation and community consultation in order to approach the unique challenges and opportunities within regional WA. After gaining context for the key industries and economic drivers of our state, students will ideate industry-relevant solutions while embedded within these communities in two immersive regional placements.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students must complete 4 subjects.
To qualify for the award of Undergraduate Certificate in Go Local Regional Study Experience students must complete four core subjects.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the ‘Single subjects’ option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.