Graduate Diploma of Health Leadership
Deepen your understanding of healthcare leadership and management
Solidify your leadership skills with foundational courses in theory. Adding systems-focused thinking will help you with complex decision making. A range of electives allows you to specialise in what’s important to you and your growing health career.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 09 Jul 23
The University of Notre Dame Australia is committed to delivering an excellent student experience, alongside a high standard of teaching, research, and training. As a leader in ethical education, Notre Dame aims to develop students’ critical reasoning and their ability to make ethical decisions—crucial skills to progressing their careers and leading purposeful lives. At Notre Dame, students navigate their future with an ethical education online.
Learn more about UNDA.
Explore UNDA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Effectively apply management and leadership theories underpinning work practice within the health context.
- Analyse contemporary issues within health professional leadership and their significant influence on management and leadership practice.
- Interpret governance and risk as applied to the work context in consideration of management and leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Employ critical reflection to encourage on-going learning to maintain and improve professional knowledge and skills.
- Engage with critical thinking to solve ethical dilemmas in the culturally and socially diverse healthcare environment.
- Communicate and negotiate with influence to achieve optimum outcomes
- Apply oral presentation and report writing skills and apply these for the dissemination of project findings.
Students may apply based on:
- As a minimum qualification, a recognised Bachelor degree in a health profession
Work and Life
Students may apply based on:
- Evidence of specific professional and/or industry experience in health.
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
The Graduate Diploma of Health Leadership comprises a comprehensive overview of the core principles of management and leadership within the complex health arena, in which consumers and their significant others play a central role. Students complete three foundational courses focused on leadership theory, systems-focused thinking and ethics for professional life, with a further three self-selected specialist courses.
Recommended Study Pattern
Complete eight (8) subjects from the below recommended study pattern.
Complete the following six (6) core subjects
- MEDI5013 Contemporary Healthcare Leadership A
- MEDI5014 Contemporary Healthcare Leadership B
- MEDI5019 Systems-focused Thinking in Healthcare A
- MEDI5020 Systems-focused Thinking in Healthcare B
- PHIL6020 Ethical Issues in Professional Life
- MEDI5000 Research Methods
Complete two (2) subjects from the following elective choices
- MEDI5110 Contemporary Issues in Health Professional Education and Leadership
- MEDI5123 Reasoning and Clinical Innovation
- MEDI5124 Coaching and Supervision in Health
- MEDI5121 Learning and Facilitation in Health Professional Education
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Diploma of Health Leadership students must complete eight (8) subjects as outlined in the recommended study pattern
Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.