Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Health Care Management
Step up to leadership in nursing and health care
A postgraduate qualification for healthcare professionals seeking career advancement. Open doors to management with skills in mentoring, supervision, and coaching. Bolster your knowledge of safety and quality. Explore ethics, law and policy.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this degree students will be able to:
- develop an understanding of recent and contemporary developments in Leadership, Health Management, Safety, Quality issues and evidence- based practice in health care
- reflect critically on health care theory and its relationship to professional practice
- investigate, analyse, and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories to different bodies of health care knowledge and/or practice
- generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts related to leadership and health care management
- interpret and communicate theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist stakeholders
- design, evaluate, implement, analyse and theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice or scholarship
- apply initiative to management and leadership situations in a health care setting and/or for further learning
- operate with a high degree of personal autonomy and accountability
Enhanced quality and safety skills acquired will position students to
meet consumer expectations of the healthcare system and to fulfil industry demand for increased middle management skills, mentoring, supervision and coaching skills in order to enhance the quality of services. Positions such as Accreditation Coordinator, Quality Manager, Quality and Risk Manager are essential within health services, particularly the private and aged care sectors, for their accreditation. Successful completion of this degree will put graduates in a favourable position to fill such roles.
Completion of a Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent in a health related discipline.
Work and Life
Preparation for the course through previous study or professional experiences will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
English Proficiency Requirements
Equivalent of an Academic IELTS overall score of 6.0 with no band less than 6.0.
- Access to adequate library resources and to the Internet is essential for external students.
- Proof of Australian citizenship is required. Please upload a scanned copy of your birth certificate or Australian passport or citizenship certificate along with your application.
Find out if you are eligible and apply at https://www.murdoch.edu.au/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/recognition-of-prior-learning.
This Certificate aims to cultivate excellence in quality, leadership and management in health professionals working in roles with-in acute, community, mental health, primary and aged care public and private sectors. This course will provide fundamental skills for a range of leadership and management positions within the health service industry.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Certificate of Health Care Management students must complete the following four (4) core subjects:
- SHP501 Safety and Quality in Health Care
- SHP510 Bioethics and Law for Health Care Leadership
- SHP511 Leadership in Health Care
- SHP541 Health Policy in Australia and Beyond
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.