Graduate Certificate of Business
A solid building block for business
This course offers the fundamentals needed for business success. You’ll cover management of people and organisations, marketing, economics, finance and accounting. Choose to exit and step into the workforce, or move onto a Masters.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
ECU has been ranked one of the world’s best young universities and Australia’s best public university for teaching quality. That quality extends to more than 6,000 students studying online. ECU offers the same quality of teaching to you, regardless of where you’re studying in the world. Their flexible study solutions include a huge range of online courses, recognising your need to juggle work, family or other commitments.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Certificate of Business can:
- apply independent judgement when analysing and evaluating complex problems to generate creative solutions for business
- communicate specialised knowledge, concepts and skills to a variety of audiences in business settings
- demonstrate understanding of a global body of business knowledge and practice by initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating tasks in a business setting.
Graduates are equipped to undertake mid-level management roles in a broad spectrum of industries. Potential careers exist in industry and government, and the course improves people’s ability to run and manage a business, or helps them move into a management role.
Possible future job titles: Business Analyst, Operations Manager, Executive General Manager, Strategic Manager, Data Analyst, Business Development Manager, Researcher
Academic admission requirements (Band 6) may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- Bachelor degree; or
Work and Life
- Equivalent prior learning including at least five years relevant professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
This course is suited for professionals with no formal qualifications to enhance their knowledge in business and management.
Also designed as an introduction to the Graduate Diploma of Business and subsequently, the Master of Business Administration (MBA), the Graduate Certificate of Business covers topics including the management of people and organisations, together with marketing and integrated principles relating to economics, finance and accounting practice.
Participants will be exposed to the relevant theory and knowledge in each area, with learning consolidated through research and case study material in seminars, discussions and assigned project work.
Students are required to complete three units
- FBL5010 Managing People and Organisations
- FBL5020 Marketing Leadership
- FBL5030 Fundamentals of Value Creation in Business