How to become a vocational education teacher
What does a vocational education teacher do?
Duties and tasks
- Assess student needs, abilities, and progress over time.
- Create hands-on experiences for students in the field.
- Instruct students using a variety of teaching techniques.
- Maintain grades or other forms of assessment throughout curriculum.
- Provide both basic and in depth knowledge about a given technical topic.
- ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI)
- Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority
- Early Childhood Teachers' Association (ECTA)
- NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Queensland College of Teachers (QCT)
- Teachers Registration Board of South Australia
- Teachers Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA)
- Teachers Registration Board (TRB) Tasmania
- Teachers Registration Board (TRB) of the Northern Territory
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
Discover related degrees
Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education)
- The Arts Education Major (Visual Arts)
- English Education Major
- HASS (Geography) Education Major
Child Development for Educators
Teaching and Learning in the Digital World
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.