How to become a vocational education teacher
What does a vocational education teacher do?
Duties and tasks
- Assess student needs, abilities, and progress over time.
- Create hands-on experiences for students in the field.
- Instruct students using a variety of teaching techniques.
- Maintain grades or other forms of assessment throughout curriculum.
- Provide both basic and in depth knowledge about a given technical topic.
- ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI)
- Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority
- Early Childhood Teachers' Association (ECTA)
- NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Queensland College of Teachers (QCT)
- Teachers Registration Board of South Australia
- Teachers Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA)
- Teachers Registration Board (TRB) Tasmania
- Teachers Registration Board (TRB) of the Northern Territory
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
Discover education degrees
Discover education subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.