How to become an IT manager
What does an IT manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Develop organisations IT policies and guidelines.
- Ensure IT security devices are in place and managed.
- Evaluate organisations technological requirements and ideal systems.
- Manage IT operations including maintenance work, testing and optimisation.
- Manage information and communication technology resources and implement installation and upgrades for systems.
- Oversee training manuals and training sessions for users working with systems.
- Plan and recommend suitable computers and technological systems to meet company needs.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Internet Association of Australia
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.