How to become a data architect
What does a data architect do?
Duties and tasks
- Evaluate data management systems to upgrade, improve, maintain and protect systems.
- Design, define and establish procedures for an organisation's database management framework.
- Design and create data models for database structures.
- Convert business requirements into technical requirements and specifications, including understanding all data points and sources.
- Research and identify data acquisition opportunities.
- Monitor and report on the performance of data management systems.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Data Management Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Internet Association of Australia
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.