How to become a data architect
What does a data architect do?
Duties and tasks
- Evaluate data management systems to upgrade, improve, maintain and protect systems.
- Design, define and establish procedures for an organisation's database management framework.
- Design and create data models for database structures.
- Convert business requirements into technical requirements and specifications, including understanding all data points and sources.
- Research and identify data acquisition opportunities.
- Monitor and report on the performance of data management systems.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Data Management Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Internet Association of Australia
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.