How to become a big data engineer
What does a big data engineer do?
Tasks and duties
- Plan, design and implement the architecture of a data platform.
- Manage and optimise the organisation’s data pipeline to ensure the infrastructure remains efficient.
- Design and implement software systems related to data processing.
- Research and identify data acquisition opportunities.
- Work closely with data analysts and data scientists.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Data Management Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Internet Association of Australia
- Data architect
- Data scientist
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.