Your upfront cost: $0
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and critique common data visualisation approaches to discover insights from data.
- Create data visualisations using visualisation software.
- Use appropriate data visualisation techniques when exploring data and communicating results of analytics.
- Introduction to Data Visualisation
- Guidelines for Design
- Fundamentals of Data Visualisation
- How Graphics Work
- Design Thinking: Making Better Graphics
- Data Visualisation with R
- Introduction to SAS Visual Analytics
- Exploring and Visualising Data with SAS Visual Analytics
- Data Visualisation with D3
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Effective data visualisation is the crucial final step of data analysis. Data visualisation communicates relationships within the data with visual images, which allows your stakeholders to gain insights and easily identify patterns and trends. Through this course, you’ll discover some of the common ways data visualisations are applied in a range of organisations while gaining the skills to use common visual analytics software.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Data Analytics degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous assessment (40%)
- Project (60%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).