How to become a cloud architect
What does a cloud architect do?
Duties and tasks
- Design, plan and develop cloud computing systems and strategies that meet business requirements.
- Analyse and review cloud architectures and platforms.
- Deploy, maintain and monitor cloud structures and architecture.
- Oversee and monitor cloud security.
- Work with clients or business stakeholders to understand technical requirements for cloud environments.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Internet Association of Australia
Discover related IT degrees
Discover related IT subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.