How to become a cloud architect
Design and implement cloud solutions that empower organisations with flexibility and agility, including remote access and secure storage.
What does a cloud architect do?
Duties and tasks
- Design, plan and develop cloud computing systems and strategies that meet business requirements.
- Analyse and review cloud architectures and platforms.
- Deploy, maintain and monitor cloud structures and architecture.
- Oversee and monitor cloud security.
- Work with clients or business stakeholders to understand technical requirements for cloud environments.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Internet Association of Australia
Discover related IT degrees
- Software Engineering
- Cloud Analytics
Discover related IT subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Not sure what to say when negotiating your salary? Follow these tips from career strategist Kelly Magowan next time you need to make your case with an employer.
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.